Did you know that more than a million people move to the United States each year to start a new life?
If you’re facing immigration issues because you’re starting a new life in a new country, then you’ll have a considerable number of challenges to overcome. Laws that surround the immigration process are often very complex and you’ll need an immigration lawyer to help navigate them. This is especially true if you’re applying for a US visa for whatever purpose. Given their area of legal expertise, US visa consultants in Dublin or wherever you live, can help you navigate the application process to improve your chances of getting approval.
But what specific reasons are there for hiring an immigration attorney?
In this article, we’ll share five unique reasons to hire the best immigration lawyer.
1. To Obtain a Non-Immigrant Visa
A non-immigrant visa lets non-citizens stay in a country over a specified length of time. There are several visas that are applicable to non-immigrants. It’s essential that you have a good understanding of which type is best suited to your needs.
An immigration attorney will be well-versed in the different types of non-immigrant visa and can help you apply for the right one for your situation.
2. For Family-Based Immigration
A lot of people will obtain a green card through their family members. It’s important to note, however, that not all family relationships will qualify you for approval for a green card. Certain family visas will allow an unlimited number of people to get visas, while others will have an annual cap.
Understanding the language used in a family-based immigration application can be daunting and hard for a layperson to understand. An immigration lawyer will understand terms like Consular Processing and Adjustment of Status so you don’t have to.
3. To Get Citizenship Or Naturalization
If you want to convert your green card or permanent resident status into U.S. citizen status, you’ll need to meet certain eligibility requirements. There are lots of benefits of becoming a U.S. citizen including job qualification, the right to vote, and protection against deportation.
If you need help with your citizenship application, an immigration attorney will be able to help you through the process of naturalization.
4. To Obtain Asylum
A lot of immigrants will fear deportation to their own country. They may have faced threats there based on their political views, religion, race, or their membership in a social group. If you’re granted asylum in the U.S., you’ll be granted protection against prosecution back at home.
Find an immigration lawyer that is experienced in asylum cases to ensure you get the best chance of being accepted.
5. For Employment-Based Immigration
An employment-based immigration visa allows non-residents to reside in the U.S. permanently.
There are several different types of employment-based visas. Getting the right lawyer will help you decide which type of visa is best suited to your needs.
Benefits Of Hiring An Immigration Lawyer
Indeed, there are many important reasons why you should hire an immigration lawyer to handle your immigration needs. But whatever your reason for seeking legal assistance, hiring an experienced lawyer is beneficial for the following reasons:
- They avoid needless mistakes: With all the paperwork and procedures involved, hiring a lawyer can help you avoid common mistakes in the immigration process. Despite the complexity and challenges, they’ll strive to ensure your immigration application is handled quickly and without any errors.
- They’re familiar with all the rules and regulations: A reliable immigration lawyer knows the rules and regulations associated with immigration. They can help you get to the United States for whatever legal purpose without cutting corners. For example, they’ll comply with all the permits required to ensure you won’t get deported back to your country.
- They can advise you on the dos and don’ts of the country you’re going to: People tend to forget to follow the country’s laws after obtaining a visa. Unfortunately, any violation may result in possible deportation. Because of this, it’s essential to hire a legal professional so they can clearly explain the dos and don’ts of the country and inform you of the possible consequences.
Start a New Life Today
If you’re looking to start a new life in the United States, an immigration lawyer will be able to help. There are lots of reasons for getting help with your visa application.
For more great articles, check out the rest of the site.